Monday, May 26, 2008

General Tips

We have been in the car quite a bit the last few days and here are some tips all parent should know and we were reminded of this weekend ....

always have in your car:

10 times the amount of plastic bags you would ever think you could possibly use (you know the ones from when you forgot to use your reusable shopping bags)
1 towel per kid traveling in the car
1 roll of paper towel
package of wet wipes (it doesn't matter how old the kids are)
change of clothes

This weekend we had wet wipes and change of clothes (only because we had stayed in Taylor and still had all our bags in the back of the car)

Addison has been sick and needless to say it would have been soooo helpful to have had a few of the things off this list. Have you seen projectile vomit in movies and thought ohhh that is sooo fake..... well it is not .... I have seen it first hand this weekend and it is sooo real. Poor Eric has been barfed on more times this weekend then anyone would care to in a life time (sorry babe but thank goodness it was not me!!!)

Anyway we will now be prepared with these thing and hopefully we will never need to use them!

*kinda funny a week or so ago this was the conversation in the car on the way to school

Guhn: Hey mom, I know 3 different ways to say throw up
me: Really what are they
Guhn: throw up, regurgitate, and barf
me: oh and don't forget puke
Guhn: oh yeah puke too
me: Guhner where did you learn regurgitate
Guhn: Mom! I am almost out of kindergarten!

9 comments:

Cara said...

Hey it was good to see you guys and I am pretty sure it was the blue cake that made Addison sick!! Hope she is feeling better.

Unknown said...

I love that kid.

Michelle Bebe said...

yeah grandmas was no bueno for all of us this time i think.

she didn't make it in the "puke bucket"? Bummer.....

Natalie said...

He forgot 'spew'. That's a good one. ;)

Sorry to hear Addison was so sick. That always puts a damper on road trips. And airplane rides - just ask my husband about his flight with Zach.

Good tips for what to keep in the car too. It's time for me to update my stuff. I used the last of my antibacterial hand gel today.

Bryan said...

Don't forget hurl...I'll have to teach Guhner next time I see him :)

Unknown said...

Since we are adding words, I didn't see up-chuck.

Becky said...

I'd have to add HURL to your list... and who hasn't been hurling latley?? That is gross, glad it's gone now!

Bryan said...

Bogging everyday in May turned into 8 total posts out of 31 days....better than nothing! Nice try McCleve :)

Bryan said...

Rest in Peace McCleve Family Blog...it was nice reading you while you were still active :(