Monday, March 31, 2008

Grass head guys

This is a project I found in family fun magazine. Hopefully you can see how cute they are in the picture. I brought the project into Guhners class for them to do ... they are so much fun and the kids love them! This is a picture of them giving their grass heads "hair cuts"
Cute easy project to do with the kids!

Supplies: knee high pantyhose
1 cup potting soil
empty (clean) yogurt cup (we used yoplait)
2 tablespoons grass seed
google eyes
permanent marker
glue (not glue stick)

Directions: (trust me ... follow these ... I tried to do my own directions and they turned out awe full)
place grass seed into bottom of knee high
top with potting soil
tie a knot at end of "ball"
trim knee high so that the "tail" will drop down to the bottom of the yogurt cup when "head" is placed on top
glue on google eyes and draw face with marker
fill up yogurt cup with water (at least 3/4 of the way) and check water daily
soon enough your guy will be growing hair .... and will be ready for hair cuts!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Their kinda freaky lookin'!

Michelle McClure said...

cool! i love guhner's jersey. i love that he loves the bulls. it cracks me up.

Unknown said...

His great-grandpa McCleve would be very proud of him for liking the Bulls!

Natalie said...

Oh my word! My kids would totally adore these! Thanks for sharing the idea!

Unknown said...

You've been tagged. Check my blog for details, sucka.

Michelle Bebe said...

you've been tagged! check out my blog! - - - I JUST realized Deanna tagged you too... you can do a 2 fer 1 how does that sound???