Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Guhner's FIRST Day!!!

Guhner's first day of school .... he loved it! ... had no hesitation ... like he has done this forever. Had it not been for Eric (making fun of some of the moms who were already crying) I would have had a good long cry ... I have never fought back tears like that in my life ... it is a rare occasion that I do cry, so when it comes on that strong I usually just let the tears roll ... I was not sad ... I think it is a right of passage ... I have already decided that Eric is not allowed to come when Addison starts preschool so I can have a good cry.

Mrs. Altstock (Guhner's teacher) did a great job getting the classroom ready. I know Guhner will love it in her class. She seems like a great teacher and truly cares about the kids. Since the first day she has told me how GREAT Guhner is doing and how POLITE he is, he has recieved a sticker every day on his calendar. Today he told me that he only needs two more ... he gets his math smarts from his mom!

Pick up went great! Eduprise has a great system/organization for drop off and pick up. Guhner's only complaint is that our suburban has to be his school bus ... ever since he has been old enough to know he has wanted to ride on a school bus ... I had to walk to school ... up hills both ways ... in the snow .... I would have loved to get a ride in any sort of vehicle.

Being a mom of kids in school is definatly different. It is great. When we get home we get to sit around the table and talk about our day. I get to check off homework and sign off reading time. I get to pack snacks and make sure everything is ready for the next day. I love it! I do miss them as babies ... but I wouldn't change it for the world.

2 comments:

Michelle Bebe said...

i love his hair cut! i can't believe guhner is in school. it kills me.

Unknown said...

We belong to the officially old younger mom's club. What is going on? Why do they have to grow up so fast? He is, of course, adorable. Yeah, Guhner!!!