Wednesday, January 9, 2008

How Clean is your house?

I found a new favorite show .... it is on BBC America and called How Clean Is Your House? It is one of those shows that comes in and helps people clean their absolutely disgusting houses ... no seriously bad .... don't watch if you have a weak stomach .... anyway part of it the ladies compare side to side a chemical cleaner and a "green" cleaner (non chemical) to show that they are just as good, if not better .... so here is one to try
For window and mirrors
2 cups tap water
2 cap fulls white vinegar
1 pump of had soap
combine in clean empty spray bottle
spray on surface ...... (duh) and put your paper towel away and use crumpled newspaper
I know this works my .... Grandma Hart aways used this for her windows and I had forgot about it.
Not only is it good for the environment .... you are eliminating chemicals from your home and around your kids and animals .... it always leaves a streak free surface ..... and better yet it is super cheep!
I am definitely going to do this next time I do the windows and mirrors ..... honestly for the main reason that I always get streaky mirrors and it drives me crazy and Eric makes fun of me because it drives me crazy .... So have fun "green" cleaning!

2 comments:

Michelle Bebe said...

what a neat idea! i never heard of that before! what if you don't use newspaper??? will it still work the same?

Unknown said...

Michelle, I will give you some newspaper. I get 3 Sunday papers.